It doesn’t matter why you want to unlock your iPhone.
Whether you want to divorce your current carrier, sell your current device, or remove the SIM card to transfer your service, you need to legally unlock your phone to make sure you don’t void any warranties or become blacklisted by companies for attempting to get around their proprietary systems.
Here’s our complete guide on how to unlock Verizon iPhone, including step-by-step instructions on each method.
Before Doing Any of These Methods
You must find the Verizon iPhone’s IMEI number, which is like your phone’s network fingerprint. There are two easy ways to find it:
The Easy Way To Find Your iPhone IMEI
- Open your Phone App to make a call
- Dial *#06#
- The IMEI Details will automatically popup
- Copy or Jot down the IMEI number. You’ll need this.
The Long Way To Find It
- Open your iPhone
- Go to the Settings App
- Click on the General category.
- Tap the “About” area.
- Scroll down to where it says IMEI.
Jot down the 15-digit IMEI number because you will need it for Verizon customer support or one of the other iPhone unlocking methods. You may also need to write down your account information, iPhone model, and iPhone model number in addition to the IMEI number.
Now let’s get to the Verizon iPhone unlocking methods:
1) Call Verizon Network Directly
Start by contacting your carrier, Verizon, to find out their instructions and restrictions for unlocking your Verizon iPhone.
Verizon will not unlock a phone less than 60 days following your iPhone purchase from Verizon. Once you reach the 60-day point, the paid-off iPhone should be automatically unlocked.
However, if your iPhone isn’t unlocked or it’s been less than 60 days, you can contact Verizon directly to request instructions.
- Dial 611 on your Verizon iPhone and request “Carrier Unlock” when prompted.
- You should be transferred to a customer service representative.
- Once the person answers, he or she will need your information like your name, phone number, and account information like the login and IMEI number.
- Your customer service representative will determine if your device is eligible for unlocking.
- If so, your unlocking should happen automatically and you will receive an alert, email, or text message stating so.
Make sure your Verizon account is in good standing and you haven’t missed any payments when you call and request this service. It’s also a good idea to read your terms of service to make sure you’re eligible for device unlocking for your iPhone.
2) Verizon iPhone Priority Unlock
If you’re having trouble unlocking your iPhone through Verizon Support, or just hate dealing with customer support — there is still hope. A quick, easy, safe, and legal option is requesting a Priority Unlock for Verizon iPhone from PriorityUnlock.
This premium service will steamroll your unlocking request through Verizon to get it unlocked automatically, regardless of eligibility or contract status. This method even works with any prepaid Verizon phone.
This unlocking process can take a few hours to up to 48 hours and uses the official unlocking method used by Verizon. This means it doesn’t require technical skills and can be done completely online with just your iPhone IMEI number.
Unlock works for all Verizon iPhone models, including:
- iPhone SE (1, 2 & 3)
- iPhone 13 / Pro / Max / Mini
- iPhone 12 / Pro / Max / Mini
- iPhone 11 / Plus
- iPhone X / XS / XR
- iPhone 8 / Plus
- iPhone 7 / Plus
- iPhone 6 / 6s
- iPhone 5 / 5s
- iPhone 4 / 4s
- iPhone 3G / 3Gs
- iPhone (OG)
How does an iPhone priority unlock work?
- Go to Verizon iPhone Priority Unlock.
- Enter your Verizon iPhone’s model and IMEI number.
- You’ll be provided a list of unlocking options. Because of our connections with Verizon, we can prioritize your iPhone unlock.
- Your unlock is processed after completing the payment.
- This works over-the-air, meaning nothing happens to interrupt your service. Everything should work seamlessly and flawlessly.
- The process normally takes between 6 to 24 hours.
- You will receive a notification, either through text message or email alert, stating that your Verizon iPhone is unlocked successfully and legally.
3) Third-Party Remote Unlocking Service
Another method of unlocking is using third-party remote unlocking services. These services connect to your PC remotely while connected to your iPhone to unlock it using their unlocking software. These remote unlocking services usually have certain technical requirements that need to be met to qualify:
Remote Unlocking Requires:
- Windows PC (None support Mac — go figure)
- Stable high-speed internet connection
- The latest version of iTunes installed
- Your iPhone must be activated
- Connect iPhone to Computer
- You must know your passcode if you have one set
- Must download & install remote access software
- Must grant remote access to your Windows PC to the third party to perform the unlock.
Remote unlocking services from third parties can be cheaper in some cases, but are much riskier due to software modification, which can void your iPhone’s warranty or AppleCare, and due to the requirement of granting remote access to your Windows PC to complete strangers.
4) Erase Your Device & Restore It to Factory Specs
If you don’t have a SIM card, you can try to erase the device (which means wiping the SIM card, too) and restore it to factory specifications.
- Back up your iPhone using iTunes or iCloud. This is vital in case something goes wrong because you don’t want to permanently disable your phone.
- Connect the iPhone to your computer.
- Log into the cloud-based service.
- Back up your device by saving the data.
- Erase your iPhone completely by selecting Settings —> General —-> Rest —-> Erase All.
- Restore the iPhone by uploading your saved files in iTunes or iCloud.
Keep in mind, this process only works without a SIM card. So, you’ll have to take out the SIM card before performing this task.
5) Unlocking SIM Card Hack
The last option for is to use a modified (typically Chinese-made) unlocking SIM card like to bypass the SIM-lock on your Verizon iPhone. When you insert the unlocking SIM card, it tricks the iPhone into thinking it’s authorized to use any carrier.
The disadvantage to this method is that software updates can disable the RSIM card, meaning you’ll have to buy a new one each time a new iOS update is released. This method also doesn’t work with all phones, so you’ll need to check compatibility before you buy an unlocking SIM card. Another downside to consider is that this method can void your warranty, and if something goes wrong, you could be stuck with a bricked iPhone.
Where To Buy an Unlocking SIM Card
What Do I Do After My Verizon iPhone Is Unlocked?
You should look over your device after it’s unlocked to make sure it works correctly.
- Make sure it still works properly.
- See if all of your data is still intact.
- Restart the phone and turn it back on so it can update any functionality on it.
- Look over the screens to see if they still appear the same as before.
- Insert the new SIM card to the device, which is the whole reason you unlocked it in the first place.
Things to Keep in Mind
Your device may not work or have limited functionality with another carrier. That’s because some carriers utilize some apps and software versus others.
Some SIM cards aren’t compatible with certain phones. Before you cast aside your old Verizon iPhone for a newer model, make sure your current SIM card can work with it. A customer service representative can help with that.
Unlocking a Verizon iPhone is completely legal. It does not necessarily void your warranty, contract or current plan.
Why Would I Need to Unlock a Verizon iPhone?
Several valid reasons, including:
- Switching carriers. You got a better deal on another phone.
- Upgrading to a new phone. You want to upgrade to a new phone but you want to preserve the phone number and SIM card data on the better device.
- You want to preserve your apps, contacts, and numbers on your new phone. That means removing the SIM card and switching it out. Unlocking your Verizon iPhone represents the best way to do that.
- You need to switch SIM cards because your phone is damaged or broken, and you need to utilize a particular SIM card as soon as possible.
- You’re traveling internationally and you want to prevent roaming charges or exorbitant fees regarding your travels.
Why go with PriorityUnlock?
PriorityUnlock goes above and beyond what other services do when you want to unlock your Verizon iPhone, and is the safest and quickest way to unlock your iPhone online.
It’s a fairly straightforward process with PriorityUnlock. Request priority unlock, pay, and within 2 days, your phone is unlocked. You don’t have to mess with customer support, restrictions, remote access, or unlock codes or third-party apps. Some services might say you have to purchase a device or back up your phone. There’s none of that with PriorityUnlock.
Our process is simple because we’ve already done all of the hard work for you.
Track My Order
Log in with your email to track your order. You can also receive alerts as to when we reach certain milestones, such as reaching out to Verizon and getting a response from them. Keep in mind, the unlocking depends on the carrier. But you don’t have to worry about that because we have strong relationships with major carriers in the United States.
Guaranteed Permanent Unlock
Once you unlock your Verizon iPhone with us, it’s permanently and officially unlocked. You’re free to go with any carrier or any SIM card after that.
If we cannot unlock your phone, you will receive 100% of your money back if it’s our technical issue that causes the phone to not be unlocked. We also offer a lifetime warranty on our services, meaning we will replace your phone if we determine any problems with the unlock are our fault, we will replace your phone at our expense.
Many phone unlocking companies may charge $100 or more depending on the type of phone you want to unlock.
PriorityUnlock keeps our rates and fees reasonable, usually between $20 and $50, unless other carriers charge more.
No Downloads or Unlock Codes
You don’t have to worry about downloads or codes with our service. Simply let us know the basic information of the phone and we’ll draw up a service contract and description that shows precisely what should happen and when. You’ll receive a message when it’s official, and you will have peace of mind that your phone is permanently unlocked.
Relationships With Large Carriers
PriorityUnlock has strong relationships with major U.S. carriers. We leverage this relationship to get your Verizon iPhone unlocked as expediently as possible
Contact PriorityUnlock Today!
We’re the safest, fastest, and most effective unlock service available today.
Contact us for more information on what we can do for you!